the necessary extras
1. A Lace Panama: The quintessential dash of whimsy you lack for Spring, a grown-up upgrade from your usual straw fedora. Maison Michel‘s beautiful designs would make even a stroll to your local bodega for a quart of milk feel downright romantic.
2. Colored Aviators: Candy colored aviators are so much better than regular ones. But seriously, injecting a little color into your frames adds visual interest and can be really flattering against the face.
3. A Pouch that Pops: If a zippered clutch pouch isn’t in your life yet… get thee one ASAP. They are genius little multi-taskers, slipping into your giant tote by day for organization and holding all the essentials for night. But try lightening up and carrying one this weekend to brunch. You’ll feel all floaty and cool.
4. The Statement Necklace: Nobody does statement necklace like Shourouk. The line’s signature combination of Swarovski crystals and neon accents has enough attitude to elevate any loveless look. Truly. Try one with your oldest, rattiest t-shirt and jeans and voila, you are French Editor Chic!
5. Easy Espadrilles: I’m obsessed with espadrilles. There, I said it. They are the beachy, bohemian, cooler cousin of the slipper/loafer I wore all Fall, and a fun alternative to your standard ballet flat. Equally effective with a rolled skinny jean or airy sundress.